Whimsy-at-Home is Tres Chic
On the same day a few friends and I took up our sketchbooks and took ourselves off to the V&A, we stumbled upon a mini design exhibition hidden on one of the upper levels (directly above the sculpture gallery in a mini library). It was fantastic to see some of the items that had been in another V&A exhibition about fairytales and interior design over a year ago! They have added a few other whimsical items and it makes a very unique collection housed in the small and naturally-lit library.
I personally would love to have the Kitty-Cat Chair in my own home! I guessed the bag was Moschino before I even read the label. They are brilliant at matching whimsy with retro…one of my favourite brands to be sure!
I highly recommend catching this exhibit before it closes! Also, I’m a HUGE fan of the V&A Friday Night Late events which see the museum being open until 10pm on the last friday of every month. The next one is May 25th. Don’t miss it! Ill be there ;-) xx
- The whimsical fairy chandelier balls in the V&A cafe
- ‘A’ bookshelf at the design exhibition
- Mon favouri Kitty-Cat Chair
- Moschino’s bag which looks like an ice cream sundae!
- 18th century wigs made of stuffed white mice
- Me in the upstairs library